However, it must also look inwards towards its people, processes, products and purpose in order for it to perform a valid function in today's sensitive and fragile ecosystem.
We have a duty to consider the wellbeing of our employees, distribution chain, national and international customers on a daily basis. It is vital that we minimise our impact on natural resources both in a material and social way.
Environmental Policy Statement
This statement reflects CP Electronics' intention to provide and maintain an environmentally sustainable management system. Although the standards established by national legislation will apply as a minimum, CP Electronics will always strive to achieve best practice in the local context of every country in which it operates.
Statement of Principles:
- Ensure environmental risks are properly identified, prioritised and managed in an appropriate and timely way
- Establish sound environmental management policies and promote best practice
- Manage our operations in ways that are environmentally sustainable and economically feasible, by making efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy and water and exploiting opportunities to maximise efficiency
- Minimise environmental impact and reduce or prevent pollution
- Minimise waste production by reducing consumption and developing effective waste management and recycling procedures
- Collaborate with key suppliers to promote environmentally responsible procurement of goods and services
- Actively monitor results and audit policies and practices to ensure CP Electronics meets its policy goal
- Develop an HR policy to raise and maintain awareness amongst staff and promote individual good practice and encourage team participation in company activities
- Recognise the legitimate interest that all its stakeholders, including customers, shareholders and employees have in its environmental performance and communicate openly within CP Electronics and to the outside community.